Friday, October 10, 2008

Tuesday 7-10 - Snowmen in London

I hung around for a time before meeting Dani for lunch. She was having lunch with uni friends. I met up to grab food and to grab keys to get into her place. Then moved my bag of clothes back to Karens, now that the rest of family were gone.

This was the night that Snowman, a Perth band, were playing. They were all in London and were finally having a gig. I was very excited to see them play after so many months.

Our first stop was a party held by Dani's uni course. It was full of design students, free food and an open bar. I got through a whole bunch of free cider and then the food was looking more and more tasty. Olives, chips, samosas, spring rolls, falafel, corn chips and calamari. So much tasty food. We chatted to all the students before heading out.

I was still buzzed and hungry. I found myself at a Japanese fast food place buying chicken onigiri. At the 100 club we waited for the doors to open and met up with our Perth Friends Mara and Gemma, then Simon who I hadn't seen since Perth. We had all pre-booked tickets, just to make sure that we all got in. The place was packed.

The first band reminded me a heavier version of Explosions in the Sky. The sound system was overbearing, leaving a ringing in my ears. I chatted to the Perth crew. I also drank a lot more beer.

Next up were Snowman. They played new songs, I didn't recognise any of them. it didn't matter though, they were style very good fun. Those guys really know how to rock out. They were followed by the headliners, Pivot. They were also from Australia but I hadn't heard their stuff before. They were good, but I was exhausted from the beer and cider. I was glad when they finished playing. I bid farewell to everyone as Dani walked we back to the flat.

100 club walls

No comments: