Monday, October 27, 2008

Thursday 23-10 - Home

I woke up really early. I jumped down to the next door bakery and bought an enormous bag of mini macarons. Some for Janelle and Yoann to say thanks, some for the people back home and a few for me. Then set out with a big bag of things towards the train station.

French macarons

It was nice to be going home. I really had a good time in Paris. But I was starting to miss everyone,especially little cousin Aiden. I got off the train and made my way to the flat. No one was there, so I waited a little and then went acrossd the street to a sammich bar. I sat and had lunch there while I waited for Karen to get back.

Spicy tuna and olive sammich

Karen and I set out for the British museum to have coffee. We escaped the cold of London autumn. We met up with Dani, who was there with her class sketching.

In the afternoon Dani came over with Laura from Perth. The plan was to go to a public screening of this silent film. But it was cold and wet, plus dark so early. We were defeated by winter. Instead we got thick soup and crusty bread. We drank wine and ate chocolate.

Rosee

No comments: