Thursday, October 16, 2008

Monday 13-10 - Live music and bagels

I brought my things back to Karen to begin to prepare. I went shopping for things I needed for Paris. These included shampoo bottles and a going out bag. This didn´t happen. Instead I walked around for an age getting lost. Then I bought chocolate and a cd. I didn´t really get anything don't that I had planned. Except for spending time with Aiden. I got a lot of that done. I was stocking up on Aiden time.

In the afternoon we set out for rough traders, a record store. There was an acoustic set of Of Montreal for free. We just needed a wristband. We were and hour and a half early to get near the front of queue. there we waited with Felicity and Maria.

We got our wrists bands at 6, then were told to come back at 7. The others kept our place while Dani and I went for dinner. We walked down looking for a healthy Indian style meal. What a pity we ended up with burgers.

Then got the call that everyone was lining up. Stuffed the food into our mouths and hurried back to jump the queue where our friends were. Slowly we were let in. We crowded around the small stage which was bare, except for the giant pink axolotl head on the speakers.

Giant pink axolotl head

Of Montreal came out for their acoustic set. They weren´t dressed in crazy costumes and make up they sometimes do. Just regular clothes. Their set was good. Mostly new stuff, but they played a couple of older songs as well. No one really danced. There wasn´t room and we were to busy listening to the music. They played a short set, then thanked us for listening and left.

Of Montreal at Rough Trade 2

The crowd emptied quickly and we followed. We walked towards the house, passing the Jewish bagel place on the way. Everyone wanted bagels so we stopped to stock up. Then I parted ways with the group. I said my farewells to the girls. I made my way back to Karen, a bag of bagels in my hand.

No comments: