Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Thursday 2-10 - Bags and Billy

Mum and the Grandparents were set to leave on Friday. Gran and grandad wanted to give me my birthday present before they left for home. So the granparents, mum, Karen and I went to Neil street to find a bag. I had wanted a handbag that didn't have cartoons on it, like every other bag I own. Something nice. Off we went.

Gran and I walked around everywhere but just couldn't find anything I liked. All the bags looked the same. Just not my thing.

We got a call from Mum saying that they had lost Grandad. They were retracing all their steps, but could not find him anywhere. We kept looking for bags. The time passed and we were about to give up. Plus Gran was starting to get worried about granddad. So we found our way back to Neil Street. I tried the only shop on the street we hadn't tried yet and there I found it. A giant clasp bag with holographic Japanese prints.

Ok, so maybe not the most adult bag, but I still liked it. We got back to the flat to find Grandad waiting outside. We were all relieved.

The last night with the Grandparents. We went with them to see Billy Eliot: the musical. It was an interesting piece. The emphasis was on the mining strikes as much as it was on the dancing. Interesting also because I had never seen the film. The songs were good as was the dancing.

In the intermission we had mini ice creams. They weren't that good. The second half had the professional dancer who played adult Billy. He was incredible. There were really sad parts in the show that made me kinda teary but also happy parts to balance them out. Its not the type of musical I would have picked, but I don't regret going. I also got to spend time with the grandparents. It was a nice night.

No comments: