Thursday, November 13, 2008

Wednesday 12-11 - Prepare

Today I wanted to prepare for the birthday the next day. The rule was no presents, so I planned to the the cards extra special. I went to Hamleys to find its and pieces for Dani and Josh. I had some specific things in mind, but not too specific. A little fluffy bunny, a small toy robot or astronaut. I thought Hamleys would be the best place to look,with its reputation as the biggest and best. They didn´t have any of the toys I needed. Up at the boys section. If there isn´t a movie or a Japanese toys franchise of it, there won´t be a toy. It got me really angry. What ever happened to good old generic toys. Sigh. I walked around until I was inspired. I improvised and got some very satisfactory toys. Then picked up some chocolate near the museum.

In the evening everyone was pretty subdued. We ate sushi and watched Dodgeball. Occasionally,as is ritual, one of us would pop out of the room for a time and then reappear without explanation. Its how we do things when three people have to organise presents or each other for the same day. I was getting both excited and nervous for the day to come.

No comments: