Friday, November 14, 2008

Thursday 13-11 - birthday

The day started waking up on the couch. I had heard shuffling earlier on. Karen had very sweetly spread out some presents for each of us with balloons, each persons wrapped in a different paper. What a lovely way to wake up. We played with party blowers, but they frightened Aiden. He wasn´t used to all the commotion and was a little put off.

Birthday morning

We took out the cakes with some candles. We blew out the candles on an amazing chocolate bomb cake. Then opened the cards and gifts. There was an adorable Einstein doll and a poster and Hello Kitty candy and some chocolate.

Truffle bomb

We skyped the family back home in Perth. It seems they were having a celebration on our behalf. There was even a cake. We got to say hi to all the wonderful family and friends back home. Dani had a uni tutorial to go to at 10, so we waited while chatted more on skype. I was getting more and more nervous. Somehow I had got myself worked up into a state through out the morning. I was shaking at one point. Luckily Karen was there to talk me down into a calmer state.

We had breakfast around the corner. I had a cheese and mushroom omelet with salad and chips, although I left the chips. I was still partly full of adrenalin, so a large meal was out of the question. But the egg was good. I had fresh orange juice as well to boost my sugars. When done, we took a photo of our backs with nothing on them.

No ink yet

Down we walked to Frith Street Tattoo Parlour. We were all nervous, but at the same time excited. We filled out forms. Then Dani went first, into the tattoo area. Our artist´s name was Valerie. She was sweet and tried to make us feel as comfortable as possible. She copied design onto the back, then sat Dani against a chair and the drilling sound started. Dan reassured us that it wasn´t so bad. She looked alright during the process.

My turn.

Not as ad as I expected, although over the bone made my teeth clench. But before I knew it, I was inked. We were all so excited looking at each others and trying to peek at our own.

Getting inked

Fresh blood x 2

All the adrenalin of our earlier nerves became a wild buzz. I was smiling and in a happy daze. We wondered down to Baskin Robbins to get Pineapple Sponge Upside Down Cake flavoured ice cream.

Me and pineapple icecream

In the evening we went to Oh No Oh My with Dani, Josh and Maria. They were much much better than I expected them to be. A lot more raw and less poppy. I enjoyed them. They played lots of songs that I knew.

Oh No Oh My 4

During the show it came out that one of the band mates had his birthday on the same day. What luck.

Oh No Oh My 6

After the gig was over we went up to the merch stand,where the birthday boy was selling his wares. I bought a vinyl. He gave us each a set of buttons when we told him it was our day. It was a great way to end a great day.

Home from the show 1

Home from the show 2

Home from the show 3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Luries!

:D