Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Monday 01-09 - Malaga, Icecream

We woke up late and as a result ate breakfast late. I fried up large scrambled eggs with cheese on toast. Then sat out on the benches to eat, right next to some incredibly hung over Irishmen. I felt a small sense of cruel joy in seeing their faces at the smell of my meal.

Soon to  be egg and cheese on toast

We set out to walk around a bit later than planned. I knew it would get very very hot. So this time I brought my umbrella with me as a parasol. I walked along in its merciful blue shade. We checked out the castle on the mountain. It looked like a smaller version of the Alhambra. We didn´t fancy climbing all the way up in the ever growing heat so our visit was superficial. Instead we worked our way around the pedestrians malls of the large streets. They were covered by stretches of clothes hung between the roof tops.

Malaga street mall had large white spheres

We checked out a few shops, but by then the shops were closing for the afternoon. They all close at the same time, about 2-30. We found a an icecream shop. I realised it was cheaper to get a half litre to share between us than to each get a decent sized icecream. So we picked passionfruit and mango. We sat up a large church. First we had some of the mini biscuit sticks they gave us.

Twirly sticks in rainbows flavours

Then we tucked into the icecream. Both flavours were amazing. I only planned to have a bit of it. I ended up eating more than I had expected. Ech.

Far too much ice cream

We returned to the hostel. The neext few hours were spent in the Spanish art of siesta, or lying on the couch recovering from the heat and feeling sick from too much icecream.

In the evening we made instant tuna bake with peas. We had a little sangria and chilled in the garden lounge.

No comments: