Monday, August 4, 2008

Sunday 26-07 - The owls

We slept off the night before. I slept off the beer and 51. I got up in time for the end of breakfast. There were fresh kiwi fruits. I got really excited. It had been a while since I had one of those. Plus a big bowl for cereal. I returned satisfied to bed.

Later that morning: waking up and staying up. We only got out around noon. This day was really just a precursor to Paris and the reunion of the three. Plus There's not too much to tour in Dijon. We went back to the Palaisd des Ducs and took photos.

French have strange garden gnomes

Liberation square 1

We stopped for lunch at a kebab place. Huge huge kebabs. With chicken and mustard and smothered in a thousand chips. Just had to have mustard when in Dijon. It was all too much to finish. I did the best I could. It was blaring hot and humid. I was hung over and none to comfortable. I kept thinking about the day to come and wishing it would arrive sooner. We thought we should at least try to make something out of the day. Most of the museums were closed on the Sunday, so that knocked out most of our options. We weren´t really missing much though.

chicken pita and many fries, Dijon

We tried to find the owl again to take photos, but I couldn't remember where it was. We couldn't even remember which church it might have been a part of. We could have spent time walking around the whole city looking for it, but that wasdnt going to happen. The churches were all spread out. We tried, I mean, we checked the closest church to where we were standing. It wasn´t the right one and we didn't try any others. The heat and late night had sapped our enthusiasm. I just wasn´t feeling it. We found a bus back to the hostel to continue recuperating.

The Dijon Owl

And recuperate we did. And it was great. Came dinner time we went down stairs but the attached restaurant was closed that day. I then saw what the negative reviews had said about this pace. No stores or food places near by,only a giant Ikea. The only food place was a McDonalds 10 minutes walk away. I gave in and got a chicken burger. This trip I had tried with all my might to not get franchise fast food like Maccas.. But sometimes it is just unavoidable. The last Maccas we had was in Eilat two months ago. I don't feel like I´ve been eating it too much.

Our take out dinner: last night in Dijon

We ate our burgers and returned to sleep.

No comments: