Saturday, April 19, 2008

The topdeck (13 days)

The topdeck vouchers have arrived!! We are doing 2 tours, one for Egypt and the other for Greece. Both look very exciting. At first I was quite against the idea of tours. I really wanted to explore without a set schedule or itinerary. But Egypt seemed like an exception. I've heard stories about Egypt, from a safety point of view and also getting to a lot of the sites.

The Egypt tour is called Nile Discovery. It is 8 days and involves 3 nights on a cruise. Not a tiny felucha, but this ship here:

According to the brochure the hotels are 3 stars and overnight trains are first class. The group size is about 30.
We go to Cairo, Aswan and Luxor.
We tour the pyramids, Coptic churches, Khan El Khalili, valley of the kings, Karnak temple and Luxor temple.

I was told that Greece will take tourists for a ride and that it would be better to book a tour. It seemed to make sense. So we booked a 10 day island hopper tour. A day later started to really regret it. But now I'm happy with the choice I made.


We visit Athens, Paros, Mykonos and Santorini.
We see Acropolis, Plaka market and also have time to relax on the beaches.






Just about everything is falling into place now. 4 days of work left. Had a dream last night that Karen had the baby and it wad called Noah. Still need a haircut. Will phone this week. Have to decide what I'm going to pack for the London cold.

Also, have discovered a program for converting avi files to ipod playable files. So I'm going to fill my ipod with things Josh and I can watch on the plane to fill time. Never watched stargate atlantis, so might put a few of those on there. Maybe also some Yo Gabba Gabba which is always entertaining, especially when your brain is tired. Maybe some Tom Baker Dr Who. Need to put some good music on. Something I won't get sick of.

Also need to update my ipod spanish vocabulary lists, so I can practice those on the plane. Need to get better at verb tenses and moods.

Need to decided if I'm going to get a moleskine diary or a paperchase diary. If the latter, I'll wait until I get to that incredible 3 story superstore in London. Moleskine I might buy here.

Lots of little things to do.

3 comments:

couch cricket said...

yo, heading to santorini and paros meself. 3 nights a piece as well as Athens in August. Emma and I are off on a month long jaunt from Istanbul through Sarajevo to Croatia, back down to Greece then the islands. The island hopping is / will be great! Found it really cheap booking ferries / greek villas online which was grand. anywhoooo enjoy the trip, sonds sweet

Dani said...

Moleskine.
I bought one (that consequently got stolen) and it was so lovely to write in.

Josh said...

I had a moleskine diary last year. Was pretty nice but not the incredible piece of stationery that everyone keeps talking about.