Friday, April 25, 2008

7 days!

No more work!
Work is finished!
And it feels like now this trip is really happening.

I still have a few things to do.
  • Need a hair cut.
  • Need to organise monies - where I'm puting it, how I'm storing it, how much I'm borrowing.
  • Need to find the western Europe phrasebook somewhere in our house.
  • Need to make details cards for tomorrow for people.
  • Need gastro kit from travel doctor.
  • Need med prescriptions from regular doctor.
Things I still need, but might only get overseas
-long sarong
I could wait until Egypt of Greece maybe? But what if I need it before then. Might try those hippie shops in the city this week.

-Tuppawares
Apparently to put at the bottom of backpack for small, breakable things you need to keep dry. Need the ideal shape though. Kinda flat I'm thinking.




-Notebook
I think I have decided on moleskine. But not those "Barcelona" or "London" versions. Just a blank page regular book. Or maybe paperchase. Gah.


-Headphones for travel
I'm thinking Bang and Olufsen, sturdy with good sound.

-Straps for bags
I need to attach my sleeping bag and jacket bag to the outside of my bag. Maybe I could sew them or glue them or something. Still need to work it out this week.

Bag bags
Was told that one should wrap a backpack in another bag of some sort for air travel. The straps apparently can get caught in conveyor belts and things. Not sure what I'm doing with it yet.

Will start puting things aside for packing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you can find somewhere that will let you try those B&Os, maybe. Everything they make is absurdly overpriced though, and I'd say you'd be better off getting a couple of pairs of cheap sennheiser buds, and it won't matter if you lose 'em overboard or drop them under a tram.
Or a pair of canalphones which will be nice for noisy airplanes http://www.headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=372



funnn ahoy :)

Anonymous said...

your backpack should have a hidy pocket for the straps...
Nat